Why is it so hard to get out of bed? It’s not because sleep feels amazing and we’re in a really comfortable position (okay maybe a little). The main reason why some of us have trouble getting out of bed is because we are instantly bombarded by realities:
- I have a project to get started on
- I hate my job
- I hate my morning class
- I don’t have an outfit planned/I have nothing cute to wear
- I need to exercise because I’ve been putting it off for so long
- My room is dirty and disorganized and it’s so discouraging
OR, my personal favorite:
- It’s Monday
The key to making the bombardment of these realities less painful is to: use numbers!
Let me make tomorrow (Monday) so much easier for us:
- I need to spend 30 minutes planning for this project
- I hate my job but I have a break at 12:00 and I’m usually done with my work around 2:00
- I hate my morning class but it’s a 45 minute class and I have a 6 hour before my next one!
- I don’t have an outfit planned but I do have about 1234 shirts and 10 pants and 40 shoes in my closet, so I’ll definitely find one.
- I need to spend 30 minutes cycling at a gym that’s 5 minutes away from my home
- My room is dirty and disorganized but really I only have 3 shirts on the floor and vacuuming takes 5 minutes!
Monday morning will come but there’s always a way to find the positive in the negative.
Change your perspective and enjoy life more.
I hope this method helps. Use numbers. Get out of bed. And make that dream come true.