I did it! I reached my goal of 100 followers after 2 months of blogging!
As a thank you to all my loyal readers and hard-working fellow bloggers, I want this post to give every blogger the chance share their blog to my readers/viewers.
Before we get to the fun, let me give you some blogging tips I’ve learned along the way:
- Don’t mindlessly follow people. If you want views, likes, comments, you must do the same. If you follow someone, make sure to interact with their posts at least once a week. If you’re loyal to your followers, they’ll be loyal to you. It’s better to have small audience of loyal readers, than 20,000 followers who never read your posts because you don’t return the favor.
- Have an area of focus. If someone likes your post about music and follows you, they’re expecting music from you, not food. It generally needs to be about music, but feel free to post about vacations or holidays too. Adding some of your personal life will make your blog stronger.
- Write less. This is probably one of the most important ones I’ve learned. Shorter blogs require more time and are usually better written. Spend more time and organize your ideas as oppose to just throwing them all on the paper.
- Organize/beautify your writing. No reader wants to open a post and get hit by a wall of writing. I personally cannot read posts like that. Use italics. Use bolding. Use bullets points, numbers, indents etc. Make your post fun to read!
- Add pictures. Engage your reader with pictures. We like pictures to give us a breadth of fresh air from 3 paragraphs of writing.
- Reply. Interact. If you see people responding to your posts, reply back! An active blogger is one people can depend on for content.
- Stay consistent. If you want views, followers, you must write consistently. I’m not encouraging writing daily, but 2-3 times a week is a good amount. Stick to a schedule for your loyal followers, you owe it to them.
- Don’t just write. If you want your content to be seen, you need to put it out there. I personally spend about 3 hours a day replying, commenting, liking, following etc. Blogging is 100% what you put in.
- Finally, have fun! Blogging/writing is your time away from reality. Write how you really feel, what you really think etc. Someone out there is reading!
Now the fun! But first some rules:
- Don’t just comment your blog URL, I won’t approve it. Provide a description.
- Link a post, instead of the entire blog. A showcasing of your writing, will give you a better chance of getting a follow.
- If you comment a post, you must reply to someone else’s comment. Provide feedback, ideas etc.
- Be polite and remember: return the favor. If someone checks your blog out and follows, follow back! Let’s give all new bloggers a fighting chance 🙂
My example description: My blog is a documentation of my road to success/happiness through what I love most: fitness/bodybuilding. I post 2-3 times a week about bodybuilding/fitness tips and motivation/life advice.
The Golden Rule: Follow, I follow back. But make sure to engage at least once a week with your follower, or else they might unfollow you!